How do you give away 50,000 books? It takes COLLABORATION & COOPERATION.
Last year Thrift Books committed 50,000 books to Book Drive for Kids, and we saw a huge opportunity right before our very eyes! Arriving 1,000 books at a time, in giant boxes called gaylords, we knew getting these books ready for distribution was a job for some energetic volunteers.
Who could we call?
The Young Men’s Service League, Home School Honor Society, and individual volunteers have been ready and willing to jump right in. Literally! They have consistently helped by crawling in these huge boxes and unpacked, sorted, and categorized these books. It’s not a job for the faint of heart…especially in a warehouse during the summer months in Texas! What an amazing effort and help they have been.
And their labor has not been in vain!
Check out how this enormous donation is spreading across North Texas, and placing books in the hearts and homes of children.
- Read Play Talk – given away at events and classes with parents
- Child Care Group – given away at events with parents
- Lovepacs – Lewisville – included in holiday food packs
- Communities in Schools – given to school counselors
- Children’s Advocacy Center – given away with Christmas gifts
- Reading Partners – used in their tutoring program
- Pedia Place – given to their counselors
- Blue Halo Ranch – stocked their secret reading room
- Christ Child Society at St Phillip’s – donated to their free book fair & new mother bags
- Noggin Educational STEM camps – given to camp participants
- New teachers for classroom libraries
If you know of a group that serves disadvantaged children who would benefit from gently-used children’s books, contact us. Join in the Race for Impact – and help us get books into the hearts and homes of children in need.